IMPORTANT NOTICE: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and global health emergency, Essex Court Chambers has been monitoring and acting on advice from the World Health Organisation and the British Government to take effective immediate action. We have introduced temporary precautions to ensure that, in so far as we can, we minimise the transmission of the virus and protect against the impact of an outbreak on our business and in society. The health and safety of our members, staff and visitors to our offices is our priority at this time.
Temporary office closure
Essex Court Chambers’ London office will be temporarily closed to visitors from Wednesday 25th March 2020, but we will ensure that we continue to provide our usual high level of service and operate business as usual.
Business continuity plan
We have formed a committee to tackle the issues of the Coronavirus outbreak and have developed a robust business continuity plan. In order to protect the health and well-being of our members, staff and clients we have made the following temporary arrangements:
- Our members and staff will be working remotely for a period of time, making use of secure IT systems and advanced technology to ensure that we remain fully operational.
- Where appropriate, members of chambers are able to organise court hearings and conferences via telephone and / or by video using Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business and Zoom, in accordance with the Lord Chief Justice’s Guidance and the Business and Property Courts Protocol for Remote Hearings.
- Reception will continue to answer all calls made to our main switchboard number on 0207 813 8000
- Our clerking team are available via the usual contact methods and at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send papers electronically, rather than via post or DX.
Deliveries to chambers
Despite the present uncertainties we remain committed to providing the best possible service to our clients. Until further notice we ask that contact is made with the Clerking team directly to discuss the most efficient process of delivery of documents to members of Chambers. Please do not send papers to Chambers without prior arrangement as there may be an additional delay in getting to their intended recipient.
Telephone: 020 7813 8000
Covid 19 Legal Issues
There is no doubt that the COVID 19 pandemic and its aftermath will present a number of important legal problems. Members of Essex Court Chambers have expertise in a number of relevant areas, and are well positioned to assist our clients when dealing with the unique issues confronting businesses and individuals stemming from Coronavirus related matters. Some members of chambers have written briefing notes addressing particular legal issues that are arising or are likely to arise as a result of COVID 19. See the latest here.
If you have any questions about our temporary measures please contact either:
The information on this page will be reviewed and updated every day.