Essex Court Chambers hosts an annual Student Open Day, intended to give an introduction to Chambers and working at the Commercial Bar.
Our postponed Student Open Day for 2020/2021 will be held virtually on Friday 26th February 2021
Existing applicants do not need to reapply. However, we are re-opening the application window until Monday 8th February. We will notify applicants of our decision by Friday 12th February.
This will be hosted virtually and some changes to the below format will be made.
Please click on the following link to apply:
The day (which takes place between 9am-2pm) includes a workshop session on advocacy skills led by barristers at Essex Court Chambers, as well as talks from members of Chambers and the clerking team on:
- applying for pupillage and how to have a strong application;
- the role of the Inns of Court – both financial and otherwise – in relation to the route to the bar;
- the pupillage year and the tenancy decision;
- life as a junior tenant in Chambers;
- the strong support network in Chambers to help develop an individuals practice, including ensuring support for work-life balance and parenthood; and
- the nature of work at the Commercial Bar.
The day is entirely non-assessed. Attendees have the opportunity to meet members of Chambers and the clerking team, and ask any questions they may have, in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
Applications to attend the Student Open Day are welcomed from first year undergraduates (in law and non-law subjects) upwards. We are committed to equality of opportunity and will consider any requests for reasonable adjustments to assist disabled applicants. Please see the Equality & diversity page for more information.