Essex Court Chambers hosts an annual Student Open Day, intended to give an introduction to Chambers and working at the Commercial Bar.
The next Student Open Day will be held on Thursday 25th February 2021.
(Details as to whether this will be in-house or virtual are yet to be confirmed).
The day (which takes place between 9am-2pm) includes a workshop session on advocacy skills led by barristers at Essex Court Chambers, as well as talks from members of Chambers and the clerking team on:
- applying for pupillage and how to have a strong application;
- the role of the Inns of Court – both financial and otherwise – in relation to the route to the bar;
- the pupillage year and the tenancy decision;
- life as a junior tenant in Chambers;
- the strong support network in Chambers to help develop an individuals practice, including ensuring support for work-life balance and parenthood; and
- the nature of work at the Commercial Bar.
The day is entirely non-assessed. Attendees have the opportunity to meet members of Chambers and the clerking team, and ask any questions they may have, in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
Applications to attend the Student Open Day are welcomed from first year undergraduates (in law and non-law subjects) upwards. We are committed to equality of opportunity and will consider any requests for reasonable adjustments to assist disabled applicants. Please see the Equality & diversity page for more information.
The submission window for the 2020 Student Open Day is now closed.