Sophie Lamb QC and Oliver Browne from Latham & Watkins, alongside Hugh Mercer QC and Angeline Welsh from Essex Court Chambers, will discuss the impact of Brexit on English litigation, providing commentary and practical guidance on the latest developments, changes in procedure and practice, and pitfalls.
The talk will cover:
- Brexit and applicable law / choice of court clauses
- Anti-suit injunctions to protect legal right not to be sued in foreign jurisdiction
- The impact of Brexit on the conduct of litigation, including regarding service / taking of evidence
- The enforcement of English judgments
- Arbitration as an alternative to the English court system